Popular Posts

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Blog post # 6

There has been moments in which my lack of time interferes with the revision and edition of a paper. And instead of paying more attention into editing the essay I tend to spend more valuable time correcting the spelling and grammar rather than the entire structure and flow of the essay. This has become a problem, because a paper without a revision tends to be tedious and disorganized.

            My writing process began with a clear idea of the assignment, I really need to re-read the assignment requirements in order to get a clear description of what needs to be accomplished . If it is a research paper that I need to write, I began by looking for more than five web documents or articles that relate to my research topic. If it is a poem analysis I read the poem at least three times, looking for key words and for the main authors idea that would aloud me to comprehend the poem even better. After doing my free write and rough draft I start by revising my paper by reading it over and over again until it makes sense for me. Sometimes I procrastinate leaving revision for the next day, that also brings me some problem because revision is a key process in which I can refocus on the main topic of my essay. I try to keep in mind the idea that my paper can always be improved, I can always go back and reshape those ideas in order to make much more clear statements. After I have done those steps I try to go to the learning center so I can improve the Essay.

            For this Essay I'm planning to apply certain techniques that I wasn't putting in use. First of all I'm going to be focused on the theme and the logistic of the paper I know that a paper without those elements becomes tedious, Im also willing to revise it over and over at least five times before I turn it in. While revising my previews essays I realize that sometimes I don't have a Clear title that captures attention, and finally I need to work in my grammar and spelling.


I also found a Web page that can help anyone who wants to improve An essay: http://academic.brooklyn.cuny.edu/english/melani/cs6/revise.html
            

No comments:

Post a Comment